Sunday 14 February 2016

Falls Festival in Lor...Duneed Estate!

2015 / 2016 - My first ever falls festival

It was touch and go with the terrible bush fires through Lorne at the time, myself, along with around 16,000 people had nearly lost hope in even going to the event. I recall anxiously refreshing the Lorne falls facebook page every minute, hopeful, waiting for the news that it was still going ahead.

When they announced it was a relocation and a go-ahead, I was beside myself, absolutely ecstatic.

The falls organisers did an incredible job moving the entire festival from Lorne to Duneed Estate with a 24 hour turn around. Well done to them.
I feel it's necessary to tell you I'm 26 years old, and to be honest - I really didn't think I would enjoy Falls festival.

You wake up at 7am - this isn't by choice, unless you feel like cooking yourself in your tent
Your first drink is usually at 10 am, 7am for the more hardcore.
You get yourself ready for the day; outfit, makeup (I did my makeup everyday in a hot tent with a tiny hand held mirror the size of 3cm in diameter).
Then you make your way into the festival from your campsite, some of us were not so lucky to bag a close camping spot to the festival, so the walk can take a little while, but it's fun.

I made sure I knew where all of my friends campsites were, in case I got lost. It was like living in a mini community - the falls community, where nothing else matters except friends, music and having a good time.

I loved it! The feeling is in-explainable - if you haven't been before, you truly have to go for yourself and work out if it's for you, make sure you have good company (makes all the difference).

I miss the place, I had an absolute blast, and feel there is definitely one more falls left in me.

 
 
  
 
 
RANCHO RELAXO



No comments:

Post a Comment