Sunday 6 March 2016

Andy Warhol and Ai Wei Wei - At NGV Australia

Andy Warhol 
When I think of Andy Warhol, the first thing I think of is Campbell's soup, the second thing I think of is pop art, the third thing I think of is, 'he was a bit of a weirdo' - I've always been intrigued by Andy Warhol, he was an interesting fellow. 

He's one of the more well known artists; his love for repetition, permanency, colour, culture and mixed media is what draws me to his work. His exhibition met all of those things, I was not disappointed.

























Ai Wei Wei 
I honestly didn't know who this guy was, but after seeing his exhibition, I feel he enjoys creating a feeling of not belonging, he forces the viewer to see things from a new perspective, for me, he created a feeling of not really giving a fuck about what everyone thinks of you. His work was equally stimulating to the eye as Andy Warhol's, predominantly photography and film. I liked that his work was real, honest and beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment